- I’m sure quite a few of you saw Beer Wars last night…what did you think? I opted to wait for DVD and enjoyed a great dinner (complete with Snipes Mountain Porter) at La Medusa in Columbia City. Great food and nice atmosphere (but don’t expect a “beer joint”). If you go, do yourself a favor and order the “Aqua Pazzo” tomato soup starter, even if it’s not on the menu (thanks, Dave!).
- I forgot to mention after the beer dinner at Ray’s Boathouse a week or two ago that Sean from Lazy Boy informed me that he’d be making their new Red Head Imperial Red a regular beer. This was one of my favorite beers at the dinner, and it is a welcome addition to the Lazy Boy lineup. If you see it, make sure to give it a try.
- As the Washington Beer Blog reports, select Diamond Knot beers will soon be available in 22oz bottles. Sweet.
- I still haven’t had a chance to check out the new Hudson Public House, but the Pickled Liver, Beer Retard, and Washington Beer Blog all posted about their visits on the same day. I should have just made up a review that day to join the club.
- There is plenty going on for Seattle Beer Week the weekend of May 9th, but if you will be in Portland instead of Seattle that weekend you should think about getting tickets now for FredFest (now – only 250 available). I’d love to go to this event, but I won’t be tearing myself away from the first year of SBW.
Ideas for the weekend:
- The Mariners are in town for their first home weekend series. Head on down to Elysian Fields, Collins Pub or Pyramid before the game for some good beers. It’s supposed to be nice out this weekend I hear…and I’m sure plenty of tickets will be available.
- April in Skagit Valley means the Tulip Festival is at full-speed. Go check out the fields of tulips, and then see what the La Conner Brewing Company or Skagit River Brewery has pouring. Maybe even venture over to Anacortes Brewery for some of their fantastic IPA.
- Scalp a ticket on Craigslist for Hops & Props for Saturday night. There are a few posts with tickets available, and a few with people looking.