Congrats to American Brewing for a very successful first year of business!
One Year Anniversary Celebration
Open House & Fundraising Event
Saturday, March 3, 2012 · 1 pm – 11 pm
Live Music · Snacks & Finger Foods · New Merchandise · Beer!
American Brewing Company is proud to announce that it will be celebrating its one-year anniversary by hosting an open house (21 and older) Saturday, March 3 from 1 pm – 11 pm at their brewery, located at 180 W. Dayton St., Warehouse 102 in Edmonds, WA. The tasting room will feature live music by local artists Steve Stefanowicz, a rock and blues acoustic performer from 2 pm – 5pm, and Third Train Running, an acoustic blues and folk band from 7 pm – 10 pm, as well as snacks and finger foods. Along with their great flagship beers, American Brewing Company will proudly present brewer Skip Madsen’s newest, a hearty Scotch Ale!
In conjunction with this celebration, they are incorporating a fundraising event for the Edmonds Food Bank. Bring a donation of canned goods and receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win American Brewing Company swag, while helping to fill the shelves of the local food bank. “We are currently feeding 1,800 to 2,000 people each week,” says Peggy Kennedy, Director of the Edmonds Food Bank. According to Ms. Kennedy, any donation will be greatly appreciated.
“We’ve accomplished so much in our first year of business” says owner, Neil Fallon. “I want to make this day a way to thank everyone who has contributed to our success.”
In its first year of operations, the American Brewing Company:
– Began bottling three styles of beer after just six months of operation.
– Was featured as one of the “buzz-worthy” up-and-coming breweries in the October, 2011 issue of Seattle Magazine.
– Took on three distributors in the Western Washington region, and is about to add it’s fourth.
– Collaborated with local celebrity chef Tom Douglas’s Brave Horse Tavern to craft an American Style Brown Ale, The Brave American, which won a Bronze Medal at the 2011 Great American Beer Festival.
– American Brewing Company 22 oz bottle labels, designed by Taphandles in Seattle, received an American Package Design Award presented by Graphic Design USA.
– Was chosen as one of only 15 breweries from across the country to pour their beer in Washington, D.C. for more than 500 members of Congress and their staff at the Tenth Annual Autumn Capitol Hill Beer Tasting.
– Expanded their brewing capacity-twice-to keep up with demand.
– Began offering their beer at eight major chain stores in the Pacific Northwest.
– Was chosen to be a part of the first on-line Craft Beer Store, Beerjobber.com.
For an in-depth look at what has occurred over the past year at American Brewing Company, please visit their blog site http://americanbrewing.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/one-year-anniversary-celebration/
Last year’s grand opening event was such a blow out success that they are hoping the extended hours will allow for everyone to stop by and join in the celebration.