Pelican Brewery, located in Pacific City, OR, will be visiting The Beer Junction tonight for a tasting. If you haven’t tried many of their beers, they will be pouring five selections from this award-winning brewery. Sadly, the view from the perfect ocean-side patio at Pelican’s brewery will not be available during the tasting.
From Beer Junction:
Tomorrow night (Thursday 3/7; 5-8PM) we’re excited to have in Brent from Pacific City, Oregon’s Pelican Brewery!
Founded in 1996, Pelican has won numerous awardsover the years (including over 30 Great American Beer Festival medals, 14 World Beer Cup medals, and over 70 North American Beer Festival medals) and turned their beachside Brewery and Restaurant into a destination beer vacation. Tomorrow night try five of Pelican’s great beers including on tap their one-off Keg Monkey German-style Zwickel (unfiltered lager), new imperial IPA (Imperial Pelican Ale), and Tsunami Stout! We’ll also be trying from bottles their recent GABF Silver Medal winning Silverspot English-style IPA and new seasonal Winema Wit. Try all five for just $4.
1. Keg Monkey Zwickel-style (unfiltered) Lager: The entry-level position in a brewpub or craft brewery almost always involves cleaning and filling kegs. It is the job most of us in the brewing world started with. The Keg Monkey. This beer is dedicated to all who have labored on the keg line: washing, racking and rolling! Keg Monkey is a special lager beer inspired by the brewing traditions of Germany, yet faithful to none. A fusion of the Dortmunder and Pilsner beer styles, and served Zwickel-style (unfiltered), Keg Monkey is a lager beer that crosses style boundaries. Aroma hops from Oregon and Germany give a clean, hoppy flavor profile. Melanoidin and light caramel malts provide a wonderful balance to the beer. Using Bohemian lager yeast sourced from our friends at Breakside Brewery and fermented cold, Keg Monkey displays a classic lager character. Raise a glass to salute the hardworking Keg Monkey! ABV: 5.5%
2. Winema Wit: Known mostly to locals, Winema beach is one of the best kept “secrets” of our area. Winema Wit, named after this local treasure, is a new addition to our summer line-up of seasonal beers. Brewed as a Belgian-style Wit beer, it has fruity, spicy aromas and flavors from the Belgian yeast used to ferment it. Classic Belgian versions of this style are spiced with coriander and Curacao orange peel, and often including a special “secret” spice to add subtle complexity. ABV: 4.9%; IBUs: 18
3. Silverspot English-style IPA: Silverspot IPA holds a permanent slot in the Pelican lineup with its brilliant gold color and assertively complex hop aroma. Brew Master Darron Welch selected the blend of Sterling, Fuggle and Meridian hops, focusing on herbal, floral, spicy and tangerine-like characters to create this highly drinkable 6% abv English-Style IPA. IBUs: 55
4. Imperial Pelican Ale: Our mascot, Phil the Pelican, has recreated the flavor of the British Empire with his own American twist. Enjoy the huge Cascade and Centennial hop aroma, the subtle malty sweetness, and the floral, citrusy flavor of this robust, gold colored ale. This brew began life as a seasonal beer during our first year and was so popular while we had it, and so frequently requested when it was gone, that we turned it into our fifth regular beer style our second year. ABV: 8.0%; IBUs: 85
5. Tsunami Stout: It’ll bowl you over with its midnight black color and rich dark-roasted aroma. Magnum and Willamette hops combine with unmalted barley and roasted malts to give this brew a full body and a dense creamy head. All elements combine in a rich espresso-like finish. ABV: 7.0%; IBUs 45
**Fun Fact- the first keg ever kicked at The Beer Junction was Pelican’s India Pelican Ale on March 28th, 2012!