Check out the press release below with all the details on the 7.1% ABV Wonderland Trail IPA, as well as info on release events.
SEATTLE (October 27, 2015) – Two Beers Brewing Company, located in the heart of Seattle’s SoDo neighborhood, is thrilled to announce the release of Wonderland Trail IPA, a brand new beer joining the growing brewery’s year round lineup. Inspired by the Wonderland Trail, an exhilarating 93-mile trek around Mount Rainier, this hop-forward beer was developed to honor the treasures of the Pacific Northwest – hikes, hops and all. Featuring five varieties of Yakima-grown hops, and offering up a 7.1 percent ABV and 84 IBUs, Wonderland Trail will be available in 12-ounce cans and on draft beginning the week of November 2. Holding special meaning for the Two Beers Brewing team, combined with the trail’s 100-year anniversary, the release of this beer will also act as a fundraiser for the Washington’s National Park Fund.“In 2012, I hiked the Wonderland Trail alone and it changed me,” said Joel VandenBrink, founder of Two Beers Brewing Company. “The challenges I faced on that trail and the beauty it revealed left me more appreciative than ever for this amazing place we call home. This beer is my dedication to not only that trail and those that have seen it through 100 years of adventure, but it’s also our small way of giving back to the treasures we find all throughout the Pacific Northwest.”Wonderland Trail IPA is the product of nearly two years of recipe development. Featuring a seamless blend of Washington-grown hops, this flavorful Northwest-style IPA is brewed with Amarillo, Mosaic, Legacy and Cascade hops, then dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic hops, complemented by 2-Row, Vienna and Munich malts. On the nose, a slightly sweet aroma of tangerine is followed by a wave of citrus and passion fruit on the palate, finishing clean and refreshing.To help celebrate the release of Wonderland Trail IPA, as well as raise funds for the Washington’s National Park Fund, Two Beers Brewing will be hosting events throughout Seattle the first and second week of November. Top events include:Fundraising Events
- November 12, 7-10pm – Beveridge Place Pub: Enjoy a pint and purchase raffle tickets ($5 per ticket or five tickets for $20) for your chance to win prizes from Patagonia and Two Beers Brewing! All raffle proceeds benefit Washington’s National Park Fund.
- November 19, 5pm – The Woods Tasting Room: Join the team from Two Beers Brewing and Mount Rainier National Park to raise money for the Wonderland Trail. Purchase raffle tickets ($5 per ticket or five tickets for $20) for your chance to win more than 20 prizes from Therm-a-Rest, MiiR, Patagonia, LUNA Sandals and more, with all proceeds benefitting the trail. Plus, $1 of each pint and each six-pack purchased donated to Washington’s National Park Fund.Additional Events
- November 2, 5pm – Parkway Tavern (Tacoma): Join the team from Two Beers Brewing for an evening of giveaways and pints of Wonderland Trail IPA!
- November 3, 6pm – Chucks Central District: Give it a try on tap and pick up a six-pack of Wonderland Trail IPA home! Giveaways galore.
- November 4, 6pm – Capitol Cider: Wonderland Trail IPA on tap two ways! A special Basil Lemongrass infused Wonderland Trail IPA joined the taps, along with live music & giveaways all night long.
- November 5, 5pm – Beveridge Place Pub: Love cask beer? Hit up Cask-O-Rama to get a taste of a Double Dry Hopped Cask of Wonderland Trail IPA, featuring Citra and Mosaic hops.
- November 6, 7pm – Park Pub: Take the pint night! Buy a pint of Wonderland Trail IPA or Citrus-infused Wonderland and the pint glass if yours to keep.“We’re excited to partner with Two Beers Brewing, and work together to raise awareness and funds to help support the Wonderland Trail – through great craft beer no less!” said Bret Wirta, Washington’s National Park Fund Board President.All Two Beers Brewing products can be found at retailers, bars, and restaurants throughout Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho. They can also be enjoyed at The Woods tasting room in SoDo (4700 Ohio Ave S), shared with Seattle Cider Company, where craft beer lovers can enjoy pints, tasters, packaged products and more. For more information, follow Two Beers Brewing on Facebook, Twitter and Insta
gram (@twobeersbrewing), or visit www.twobeersbrewery.com. To learn more about how you can help Washington’s National Parks and the Wonderland Trail, visit www.wnpf.org or on Twitter at @WANatlParkFund.